With only one week to go until #RecycleWeek, what will you pledge to recycle more of? How will you inspire others to #recycle more?
Blue Planet II has made a massive impact on the way people look at their plastic waste and has motivated them to recycle more than ever before. It is being discussed in every parliament throughout the world; pledging for everyone to make a difference.
Here at Marmax Products, we see plastic waste as a resource and not a problem and have put together a few top tips on how you can reduce waste and recycle more.
- If your workplace doesn’t already have one, start a paper recycling scheme at work. Your local recycling organisation might be able to help. Think about what your printing – does it really need to be printed? Keeping digital copies of files not only helps to reduce waste, it can reduce desk clutter too!
- Recycle as much as possible. A lot of people will absentmindedly throw away a mouthwash bottle or a carton of juice without checking if it can be recycled – most bottles you find around the house can now be recycled. Look for the little recycling symbol on the container before throwing it in the general waste bin.
- Buy recycled. The essence of recycling is that eventually the need for virgin materials will be eliminated, and less damage to the environment will ensue. By buying a product that is made from recycled material, you are helping to close the loop on recycling. An example of this is Marmax Products. All of their products are made from 100% HDPE #recycledplastic, so not only are they made from recycled material, the products themselves can be recycled when they are no longer needed, thus closing the recycling loop.
- Think outside the box. Paper, plastic bottles and glass are becoming increasingly well known for being recyclable, but did you know that batteries are also recyclable? Your local recycling and waste disposal centre, and sometimes even your local supermarket, will have a battery recycling point for you to use.
- Reusable is best. When you’re on the morning coffee run, try to remember to take your reusable travel mug with you. 2.5 billion disposable coffee cups are estimated to be used every year here in the UK, that creates approximately 25,000 tonnes of waste! Coffee chains, such as Starbucks, offer a discount on your morning coffee if you use a reusable mug, so by making the swap to your travel mug, you can save the environment and save some pennies!
Here at Marmax, we love everything about recycling. Without recycling being an everyday occurrence, we wouldn’t be able to manufacture our furniture, play equipment, dog agility equipment and planters the way we do; so thank you for recycling your milk containers.
Lets make Recycle Week the best yet by working towards a greener, cleaner future together.