The NSPCC, the leading children’s charity fighting to end child abuse in the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
- children who have been abused
- rebuild their lives
- protect those at risk
- find the best ways of preventing abuse from ever happening.
The NSPCC’s Speak out stay safe programme is delivered in primary schools to children aged 5-11 years old, and gives a generation of children the knowledge and understanding they need to stay safe from abuse and neglect. Pupils are taught to speak to either to a trusted adult, or to Childline, if they are worried about anything. With the help of mascot Buddy; the child-friendly, interactive workshops and assemblies help children understand abuse in all its forms; recognise the signs and know how to protect themselves.
Recycled Plastic Buddy Benches
Marmax Products are proud supporters of the NSPCC. Marmax donate over £1,000 per year to the NSPCC; through the sale of their Recycled Plastic Buddy Benches. These funds help facilitate the delivery of the Speak out stay safe programme in 2 primary schools each year.
The Recycled Plastic Buddy Bench:
- provides a safe and appealing space in the playground for children.
- gives children the opportunity to interact with each other.
- encourages children to interact outside their usual friendship groups.
- provides a place for children to sit together, regardless of age, race, gender or special educational needs.
The curve design in the Buddy Bench encourages:
- easier conversations
- non-verbal communication; (such as eye contact and positive body language).
- Children who struggle to form relationships easily.
The Buddy Bench enhances and encourages inclusion in schools. The challenge of inclusivity is an ongoing issue, and finding a new way of bringing children together and breaking down some of the social barriers they face is the ultimate goal.
Catering for school’s SEN anti-bullying agendas, the Buddy Bench has been continually well-received. Some schools have reported how children have been having more conversations and making new friendships.
Marmax Products and the NSPCC dedicate their time to fight for every childhood. By working together, we can continue to prevent bullying and abuse fro happening, help children to build friendships ad prevent more children from suffering abuse in the future.
To find out more about the amazing work the NSPCC do, please visit nspcc.org.uk for more information.